- I will provide a prompt for each essay, linked below and from our master schedule on the course homepage.
- Each essay must be at least 500 words (approximately 2 pages, 12pt font, double-spaced) but no more than 750 words (approximately 3 pages, 12pt font, double-spaced) long, unless otherwise specified, and not including any truth tables or semantic trees (analytic tableaux).
- Each essay must be typed. However, graphs (semantic trees) and charts (truth tables) may be handwritten.
- Please use a 12pt font and double space. Be sure to provide your name, course, Essay number, and word count at the top of the first page.
- Quoting from other material, including my notes and synopses, is not allowed unless otherwise indicated: Every sentence must be your own.
- Multiple-page essay submissions must be stapled: no paper-clips, binder-clips, foldovers, glue, or gum allowed.
- Except for the fifth essay, essays are due in class as per the class calendar and the schedule below.
Failure to follow these simple instructions will result in a mark of 0 and the essay being returned ungraded.
Essay I (Assigned 8/31; Due 9/9; Worth 50pts)
Essay II (Assigned 9/21; Due 9/30; Worth 100pts)
Essay III (Assigned 10/14; Due 10/28; Worth 175pts)
Essay IV (Assigned 11/9; Due 11/18; Worth 275pts)
Essay V (Assigned 11/30; Written in Class 12/9, 8:00am-10:30am; Worth 400pts)