Note that we begin today with Quiz III. You should expect four major sections on the exam: Divine Command Theory, Natural Law Theory, Utilitarianism, and a Case for analysis.
- J.S. Mill, "Utilitarianism", chapter 1 (from last time)
- J.S. Mill, "Utilitarianism", chapter 2 (from last time)
- Classical Utilitarianism (from last time)
- Is Happiness All that Matters? (from last time)
- Two Principles of Moral Theology (from last time)
- Are Consequences All that Matter? (from last time)
- A (Partial) Map of UET (from last time)
- Utilitarianism (from last time)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Adolescent Breast Augmentation
- Smokin Ride
- Real Life Avatar
- Save the Rave
- Obesity as Child-Abuse
Well, unfortunately the quiz took much longer than I anticipated. On one hand, that's good. Maybe it means everyone did better on it than on the last quiz, which was not, shall we say, inspiring. On the other hand, we didn't get to closing our discussion of Utilitarianism. We'll start there next time.