NFAI I: Connectionism, Genetic Algorithms, Artificial Life, and Situated Robotics
- Jay Rosenberg, "Connectionism and Cognition" (pdf)
- Jerry Fodor and Zenon Pylyshyn, "Connectionism and Cognitive Architecture: A Critical Analysis" (pdf)
- Rodney Brooks, "Intelligence Without Representation" (pdf)
- Christopher Langton, "Artificial Life" (pdf)
- Robot Evolution
- Atlas Speaks
- UBot-5 at LPR
- JPL Spirit and Opportunity Navigation
- Conway's Game of Life
- The Uncanny Valley
- Our Robotic Future
Lecture Quiz Questions
Note that the questions below refer to our readings and discussion from Tuesday, 4/12.
- What is Locke's the Prince and the Cobbler Thought Experiment, and what does it show?
- Why did we reject Locke's Memory View?
- What are the brain fission/fusion thought experiments, and what do they show?
- Why is the Teletransporter Thought Experiment so problematic for personal identity?