Robot Persons II
- Identity (SEP) (from last time)
- Identity Over Time (SEP) (from last time)
- Personal Identity (SEP) (from last time)
- John Locke, "Of Identity and Diversity"
- Sydney Shoemaker, "Personal Identity and Memory"
- Daniel Dennett, "Where Am I?"
We will use zoom for class discussion, meeting at the same time as class, but online. Please download the client here for your computer, laptop, or smartphone. You do not need an account, nor do you need to pay for the service. I will text a meeting ID and meeting password to the class via our class GroupMe and via email about 15 minutes prior to class. We will also use the same zoom room for the dedicated office hour immediately following class.
Note that there are two consecutive (unstitched) video lectures for our discussion today. Please review them, as the provide background material to help organize and make sense of the arguments and thought experiments we'll be considering in discussion.