NFAI I: Connectionism, Genetic Algorithms, Artificial Life, and Situated Robotics
- Jay Rosenberg, "Connectionism and Cognition" (pdf)
- Jerry Fodor and Zenon Pylyshyn, "Connectionism and Cognitive Architecture: A Critical Analysis" (pdf)
- Rodney Brooks, "Intelligence Without Representation" (pdf)
- Christopher Langton, "Artificial Life" (pdf)
- Robot Evolution
- Atlas Speaks
- UBot-5 at LPR
- JPL Spirit and Opportunity Navigation
- Conway's Game of Life
- The Uncanny Valley
- Our Robotic Future
We will use zoom for class discussion, meeting at the same time as class, but online. Please download the client here for your computer, laptop, or smartphone. You do not need an account, nor do you need to pay for the service. I will text a meeting ID and meeting password to the class via our class GroupMe and via email about 15 minutes prior to class. We will also use the same zoom room for the dedicated office hour immediately following class.
None today: This will be much more a show-and-tell discussion.