Since the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in losing our lecture hall meetings, we are no longer able to conduct in-class examinations as the original syllabus had envisioned. My adjustment to the syllabus is to transition to weekly essays on topics of inquiry for the week. I plan a total of 7 weekly essays as per the revised syllabus.
- I will provide a prompt for each weekly essay, linked below and from our master schedule on the course homepage.
- Each essay must be at least 500 words but no more than 750 words long.
- Double space between each paragraph.
- Write your essay in your favorite word processor, but instead of sending the document as an attachment, copy and paste the essay as the body of email. Thus,
- NO ATTACHMENTS!
- Provide the essay number and your name in the subject line of the email.
- Send the email to our grader Mackenzie Rhine at email@example.com by midnight of the day it is due.
- Mackenzie will hit reply, add comments to your essay, score it, and send it back to you as an email for your review.
Essay 1 (Assigned 3/31; Due 4/6; Worth 50pts)
Essay 2 (Assigned 4/6; Due 4/13; Worth 100pts)
Essay 3 (Assigned 4/13; Due 4/20; Worth 100pts)
Essay 4 (Assigned 4/20; Due 4/27; Worth 100pts)
Essay 5 (Assigned 4/27; Due 5/4; Worth 150pts)
Essay 6 (Assigned 5/4; Due 5/8; Worth 150pts)
Essay 7 (Assigned 5/8; Due 5/13; Worth 200pts)